8/21/2008

Touching Moments

Princess is sick. Fever in the 102+ range. At that temp, kid's go two ways: ornery or lovey. Gman was both when he had it 2 days ago, but she gets lovey. Here's the convo we had:
Princess: I love you, Mom.
Me: I love you too, Sweetheart.
Princess: You're the best mom.
Me: Well, you're the best daughter!
Princess: You are special.
Me (heart melting): You are special too, Sweetie.

These are the little moments that make the mess, late-night screaming, continuous mopping, tons of laundry, sibling bickering, and crayon marks feel like a worthwhile trade-off.

7 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

I could not have said it so beautiful or eloquent.

Is it bad to like it when your kid gets sick because it is the only time she will cuddle with you?

Anonymous said...

You are right. The memory of an 18 yr old daughter calling me to come over to a friends were she was staying to comfort her while she was sick - made me feel special. Or an 17 yr old son calling me Mommie while recovering from getting his wisdom teeth pulled - made me feel special too. Those are the times you feel needed and loved as a Mom. 'm glad you are experiencing those special moments. Thanks for sharing. Mom

Queen B said...

awwww, I want one ;)

Jinjer said...

So sweet. I can totally imagine my heart melting in a conversation like this!

Kim Thomas said...

Can't wait for this...not the sick part ;)

Jane said...

Bless her heart!

Ann said...

Amen to that! Hope she's feeling better, now.