8/19/2008

"Message in a Bottle"

I dropped my cell phone in the parking lot yesterday. I couldn't get into the menu or address book. It would only allow me to call 911. Considering how quickly my whole day was falling apart , I felt I needed 911, but figured they wouldn't agree to the severity of my troubles.

When I would open the phone, the screen would have a graphic saying I needed to "Insert SIM card." (The SIM card never came out!) and at the bottom of the screen was the lonely, silent message "SOS"
Sing with me...It's Sting and The Police:
"I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
I hope that someone gets my
I hope that someone gets my
message in a bottle......."
My thought is....if your cell phone is ACTUALLY sending out an SOS...you must be in really deep trouble. My IT Hero Hubby was able to quickly fix it...so quickly, he was able to fix it before I got back from the next room with a camera. He sends his apologies. ;-)
Thanks, honey!

8 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

My guess is taking the battery out worked? That seems to be the trick with cell phones.

Mr. Pearl gives me a SOS message if I move him too far back into my office. I pretty much work in a dungeon. :)

Paula said...

Really? I've never heard of or seen this "SOS" before!
Yes, taking out the batt worked.

Ruth Anne said...

Wow, when the phone says SOS, it means go home immediately and take a nap.

Queen B said...

Ruth Anne is so my new tech support!

Jinjer said...

I love that song! And I second Ruth Anne!

Kim Thomas said...

I had a cell phone crisis myself today: I lost my old cell phone today....agh.

Ann said...

Ruth Anne is my hero!

You need to educate hubby that before he fixes things, we need photographic documentation for the blog! ;)

KFuj said...

I totally was thinking of the SOS song from Mama Mia...

So when you're near me
Darling can't you hear me?
S.O.S
The love you gave me
Nothing else can save me
S.O.S
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try, how can I carry on?