8/18/2008

Memory Lane Monday



We travel back to August 1998, when Al was only 25 mos. old . He was fascinated by the US Atlas. I actually have a few different pics of him laying on the floor looking through it. Doesn't he look so big in his mannerisms, and yet so little compared to that book?

That blue & gray marbled carpet was brand new when I moved into that apartment. Clashed with my hunter green and cream couch set somthin' awful. But the day Al spilled 1/4 of the French White nail polish on it, I was oooooohhhh sooooooooo very glad to have that carpet. French White polish diluted with a little water and spread out to the square yard around it blends very nicely on blue/gray marble carpet.

6 comments:

KFuj said...

I remember when I was a kid and we had shag carpet.. If something stained we would trim the stained part of the carpet!

Queen B said...

AND, the carpet makes an excellent backdrop for photos :)

Ann said...

Love the pic! We had gold and yellow shaved shag carpet when I was a kid...it was terrible!

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute - trying to figure out where to go next I guess. Mom

Jinjer said...

LOVE the carpet! And how cute is Al??

Kim Thomas said...

LOL, this reminds me of Joshua "reading" the newspaper