9/15/2008

Memory Lane Monday



Green Eggs & Ham has always been a favorite of mine. The other night I read it to Gman at bedtime. When I turned out the light, he said "In the dark," and I was instantly hurtled down Memory Lane to when Al was about 3 or 4. I read that book to him a lot too-- it was his favorite. He had never quoted the book or even said any of it out loud as I read it. He just loved to be read to. One night as I tucked him in after reading it for the zillionth time and turned out the light, he quoted word for word, even using my inflections "Saaaaaay! In the dark. Here in the dark. Would you, could you, in the dark?"

5 comments:

Queen B said...

I love to be read to, too :)

LoSpace said...

See what we found in the park, in the dark! We will bring him home; we will name him Clark.

Jinjer said...

Too cute. Love Green Eggs and Ham!

Anonymous said...

How cute - those two are so much a like...it's scary. Mom

Ruth Anne said...

Wow. They really do share your genetic gene pool.