2/05/2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

As my mom eluded to in her comment to the picture of my Aunt Rae shoveling the sidewalk, we had a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad on Sunday.

Today is his actual birthday!
My dad is one of the funniest & smartest guys I have ever known. He's a great Dad and grandfather. As my mom will attest, he also set the "husband bar" pretty high. (I had to look for a very long time to find someone for myself who could clear that bar.)

This picture is from about 20 years ago. He and my mom were dressed in 1950's attire, I think for a Halloween party.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Gary - Hope you are having a great "week". Love, Rae

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!!

My Dad has also set the bar REALLY high for any guy to sweep me off my feet. Thanks to all the great Dads out there!

Anonymous said...

Dad has so far enjoyed his birthday month - thanks for making him his favorite carrot cake today for his actual birthday. He says I need to hide all our old pictures from you in the future. Remember - he knows where all the great pictures of you are too. Love you, Mom

Queen B said...

Happy Birthday!

Kim Thomas said...

Happy Birthday!

Jane said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Andrea said...

I'm sure he loved this picture! Happy belated birthday from Georgia!