3/13/2008

Driver's Ed Rant

I decided to do the Drivers Ed class so I wouldn't have any points on my record from my ticket. They have the "sit in class for 4 hrs and leave" version, but you have NO CONTROL in what day your class is, you cannot reschedule, and if you don't show, your license is suspended. Not exactly an ideal situation when Craig is going to be out of town for a few weeks. They now have the convenient DVD you can rent and take quizzes/test online to prove you watched it. Sounded like a fabulous option--watch at your leisure!

OMG!!! DON'T EVER TAKE THIS OPTION!!!

I didn't really take good notes for the 1st section, and flunked the 3 question quiz because I missed the question about something that really had nothing to do with being a good driver. So I took copious notes for the remaining 4 sections--literally 6 pages of notes for each 30-35 minutes of video with frequent pausing/rewinding to write stuff down. I then did great on quizzes (although they don't count in your final grade) but BARELY SCRAPED by on the final exam.

But what's even worse than losing 8 hours of my life for a stupid 4 hr video class?
A. The video/test version is $50; the sit & go class is $15
B.The video is "hosted" by cartoon characters. Your Driver's Ed Cast of characters: Dash; Hula Girl (yes one of those Hula Girl bobble-hip toys that sticks to the dashboard); Otto the hyper Jack Russell Terrier; Duecey and Dot the pair of dice that hang from the mirror; and some curmudgeon character that is a Fir tree air freshener.

Just give them whatever 4 hrs of your life they demand and be done with it!!

8 comments:

Jane said...

OMG too funny

Jenn Ann said...

Well at least the cast of characters on DVD are better then the "comedians" they have at comedy driving school classes...or so I've heard...

Ruth Anne said...

I had no clue. Too bad they don't have either option in AZ.

Queen B said...

hahahahahahahahaha

Ann said...

LMAO...in AZ, I think the class is $100, and there is no other option. And if you have a CDL, the class is not an option at all.

Jinjer said...

You just SAVED me! My mom got her 1st ticket EVER in all her years of driving. She took the traffic school option and then called two days ago and asked me to take the dvd/online class for her and she would give me $100 to do so. Now I am raising my fee or she can do it herself!

Kim Thomas said...

Geez.....I hate Drivers Ed. Good to know that this is one internet option we don't want.

Teri said...

thank goodness I have not gotten a ticket in such a long time. I would not want to go to drivers ed